Monday, June 23, 2014

Freshly Stamped Poppies

Another day another card!  This time for  the weekly challenge at Freshly Made Sketches found HERE.   I love all of the cards made by the design team!  Those ladies are awesome and have some of my favorite blogs to visit...check them out!  This week's card sketch initially made me think of a never ending card which is what I made recently for my son's birthday.  I'll show that card at the end of this post because I first want to show this weeks sketch and my submission.

                       


STAMPS: Pleasant Poppies, Express Yourself
PAPER: Real Red, Whisper White, Bashful Blue DSP
INK: Real Red, Blendabilities- Cherry Cobbler, Daffodil Delight and Old Olive
OTHER: white embossing powder



Here is the never ending card I made for my son.  If you don't recognize the card as a Minecraft Creeper then you must not know any school age children:-).  The front of the card was made with 1/2" squares. The squares that join at a fold are cut slightly less than 1/2" so that the card could be folded without creasing and "smooshing" the card stock squares at the fold. I didn't want the white card stock showing thru at those spots so I sponged the coordinating color before adhering the squares.  This took quite a bit of time and patience but when my son told me how awesome the card was...well, it was all worth it.  The other images were printed from the internet onto Whisper White card stock except for the name, that was made with 1/4" squares.  Want to make a never ending card? Here is where I learned--Splitcoaststampers   You can make these cards any square size you want.  mine is a 4x4 so the four pieces of card stock needed are sized 2x4.
















2 comments:

  1. The poppy card is gorgeous! I love the pop of red and green against the white embossed images. So striking! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love your colouring of the poppies and the white embossed poppies in the background is a lovely touch! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete