Saturday, May 16, 2015

Is There No Limit To Your Awesomeness?

 No challenge to enter this time, I just wanted to share a card I made for my son, Nick.  His birthday was this week and I almost bought a card (gasp!) because it's hard for me to make masculine cards....let alone for a teen boy.  I couldn't bring myself to buy one (after all, I am saving us money by making all of our cards 😉) so I just decided to dive in and it give a go.  I'm not sure he was as impressed with the card as he was with the gift inside but I like the final result. I used the bouncing brayer technique and sectioned my cardstock into 12 sections. I had wanted to use a vellum panel for the sentiment but I didn't like how messy the "pivot" point looked where all of the colors met.  So, I made a second version of the card by just sponging on the colors.  

Now, on to the cards....













STAMPS: Big News
PAPER: Whisper White, Basic Black, Vellum CS
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Tempting Turquoise, Rich Razzleberry
OTHER: Brayer, Sponges



No comments:

Post a Comment