Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Tis the Season for Christmas Cards

I'm back with a mission to create a Christmas Card out of all of the new stamp sets and dies I bought from the new holiday catalog....stay tuned, this could take a while.  

My first Christmas card I made for two different challenges.  The first is a sketch challenge at TGIF Challenges.  I made the focal element a shaker window because the second challenge was to make a card depicting your least favorite weather. 


Speaking of the second challenge, it is over at Splitcoast Stampers. They are recognizing Breast Cancer Awareness Month with daily challenges in their sixth annual Hope You Can Cling To Challenge. And it's more than a paper crafting challenges, it is also a card drive.  After creating a card and posting it for one of the challenges you are asked to donate your card to UT MD Anderson Cancer Center.  The cards are then available for anyone at the cancer center to use.

As I said the challenge was to make a card representing your least favorite weather.  Now, I love snow, I think it is beautiful and love to look at it from the comfort of my heated home.  If I could hibernate and stay in my pajamas all day sipping hot cocoa it would be my favorite season.  I just hate being cold.  Actually, my least favorite weather is really in early spring when the snow has melted enough that all that remains is the blackened, dirty snow piled in parking lots and the edges of streets.  It's still cold and not at all pretty!  But, that would not make a very pretty card, would it?






STAMPS: None!
INK: Whisper White
PAPER: Night of Navy, Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper
OTHER: Circle Framelits, Sleigh Ride Edgelits, Christmas Greetings Thinlits, Softly Falling EF, Snowflake Wooden Elements, Window Sheets, Silver Elastic Cord (retired), Chunky Glitter (retired)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful winter themed card. Pretty choice of blue hues and love the glittery silver elements. Thanks so much for playing with TGIF challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete