Friday, January 29, 2016

Bloomin' Silver Hearts

Here is a a card I made for SUO challenges found HERE.  I wanted to make a Valentine card for my husband so this is my attempt to make the Bloomin' Heart Thinlit less "bloomy!"








I only cut about 1/4 of the heart Thinlit on my back card by placing the top cutting pad on only the portion of the die I wanted to cut. I then trimmed the rest away with an X-acto knife and ruler.  I cut a full Real Red Bloomin' Heart and layered that slightly offset to allow some of the Basic Black heart to show. 


STAMPS: Candy Conversations (retired)
INK: Basic Black
PAPER: Basic Black, Real Red, Vellum, Brushed Silver (retired), Neutral Patterns DSP (retired)
OTHER: Bloomin' Heart Thinlits, 1/8" Silver Ribbon, Designer Silver Basic Buttons, Small Heart Punch (retired), Circle Card Thinlit heart

4 comments:

  1. Wow, your partial cutting of the black card underneath your red heart is amazing!! And I love the little hearts instead of the flowers. Good idea. So glad you joined the fun at SUO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to cover the florals with the hearts, definitely makes it less feminine! Thanks for playing along with the SUO Valentine Challenge this time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Positively AWESOME color combo, this is RICH!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this sharp color contrast and terrific design! I usually don't constantly make valentines ... but this die has really changed that this year!

    ReplyDelete