Thursday, February 11, 2016

Valentine for My Son

Making a valentine card for a teenage boy can be challenging! I took inspiration from the sketch and photo from Fusion Card Challenge found HERE









I love those clear colorful hearts so I made my own by cutting hearts from Stampin' Up's Window Sheets.  I put a few drops of reinker in coordinating colors on the hearts and enough Crystal Effects to cover it all.  I then swirled the ink and Crystal Effects over the entire heart and covered it with a piece of white tissue paper.  After it dried I trimmed away the excess tissue.  The thread was laid across the hearts and more Crystal effects was used to hold it in place. The black panel and card were cut out with a larger heart Framelit and the thread is secured in between the two.  I made another version of the card for my daughter that I will post tomorrow. 

STAMPS: None
INK: Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze, Tangelo Twist, Real Red, Calypso Coral, Cherry Cobbler, Pear Pizzazz, Garden Green, Cucumber Crush
PAPER: Real Red, Basic Black, Smoky Slate, Perfectly Artistic DSP, Window Sheets
OTHER: Hearts Collection Framelits, black thread, tissue paper, Crystal Effects, red bakers twine, Tim Holtz Celebrate dies

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful take on challenge, the texture of your hearts look so much like the ones on inspirational photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty and very clever! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete