Thursday, September 15, 2016

Thank You Fall

I'm back again trying to get in a few more cards before my mother-in-law comes to visit for a week.  I love having her here but she is not a crafter so I will not be in my craft room very much next week.  So, here is another card I will be offering at my next card buffet.  This card is "cased" from a card I adore from Nina Marie Design.  I changed it to fit a fall theme and it fits in perfectly for a few challenges this week. First is the challenge at Tic-Tac-Toe Challenges found HERE.  I went with the right hand column of sequins-thank you-fall theme.  The second challenge is at Stampin' Royalty found HERE and the challenge is fall themed.  The third challenge is at "Just Us Girls" found HERE.  The challenge is to use sequins.  Speaking of sequins, did you notice my sequins look a bit different?  Well, I wanted to use gold sequins and the only ones I had were flat ones strung together in sequin trim.  I much prefer the look of cupped sequins, rather than flat, so I ran my sequins through an embossing folder to give them some texture.  Kind of strange, kind of fantastic!

                                   






STAMPS: Genty Falling, Crazy About You
PAPER: Pumpkin Pie, Brushed Gold (why did Stampin' Up stop selling this!) Canson Cold Press watercolor paper
INK: Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Cajun Craze, Versamark
OTHER: My Favorite Things Words of Gratitude dies, Gold EP, Gold Sequin Trim, Vintage Wallpaper EF-on the flat sequins

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this is gorgeous! I love the fall leaves and the pretty blue background! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely fabulous Lisa! I am so impressed and thrilled to read your hint about putting the sequins through a embossing folder! I would have never thought of that in a million years! Such a beautiful card! So happy you joined us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my pretty! I love this card and the contrasting colors! And sequins embossed!!! Fabulous idea. Thank you for playing along with our challenge at Stampin' Royalty!

    ReplyDelete